Providing an attachment friendly community which fosters warmth with high boundaries so that all can achieve to their full potential.
Welcome to class Gamma!
Hello and welcome to class Gamma! We are a class made up of 8 pupils at Key Stage 2.
The classroom teacher is Miss Mahoney and we are extremely lucky to have Miss McDonald and Miss Heslop as our classroom support.
We are focusing on Gratitude this term and we will introduce this by an exciting launch day and take part in a variety of activities surrounding gratitude. We will create some journals that we can use in school to record when we are feeling grateful and we will learn how to say thank you in many different languages!
To contact me please email email@example.com
In English this half term there will be a focus on stories with familiar settings. We will also look at the techniques needed to write a report before attempting our very own.
Reading, phonics and handwriting will take a big part during our English lessons this half term. We are currently reading 'The Magic Finger' by Roald Dahl.
Throughout Mathematics this term, we will be working through number sequences and calculating 10 more and 10 less of any given number before moving on to 100's!
* In Geography we are going to be focusing on the northern hemisphere of our world and the continents, countries and capital cities we may find.
* In Science we will be exploring the development of plants. We will be studying how a plant feed and grows whilst dissecting some flowers to really see what happens inside. We will also be planting our own plants for the classroom so we can practice everything we have learnt.
* In Spanish we will be focusing on reading and understanding the language and counting.
* In computing we focusing on online safety to ensure we are using technology and the internet in the safest way.
* In R.E. we will be focusing on the design of religious buildings and the ceremonies that may take place within them.
* In PSHE we will be creating our own class charter whilst focusing on the importance of respecting diversity and equality.
* In Art we will be researching art from different cultures and replicating the artists work but through our own interpretation.
* In Music, we will be learning new skills of how to practice and play a keyboard whilst working on some beautiful pieces of music.
* In DT we are going to be following step by step plans whilst ensuring we are choosing the right equipment for the task.