Providing an attachment friendly community which fosters warmth with high boundaries so that all can achieve to their full potential.
Welcome to class Gamma!
Hello and welcome to class Gamma! We are a class made up of 9 pupils at Key Stage 2.
The classroom teacher is Miss Mahoney and we are extremely lucky to have Mr Growney and Miss Allen as our classroom support.
We are focusing on Optimism this term and we will introduce this with an exciting launch day whilst taking part in a variety of activities surrounding being optimistic.
To contact me please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*In English this half term there will be a focus on poetry whilst learning a variety of different poems to perform in class. We will also be focusing on instructions and how to follow them and see if we can create our own set of instructions to follow.
Reading, phonics and handwriting will take a big part during our English and intervention lessons this half term.
*Throughout Mathematics this term, we will be working through additive reasoning whilst also continuing to work on our multiplicative reasoning. Later on we will also work through our geometric reasoning.
* In Geography we are going to be focusing on learning and eventually using the Ordnance Survey symbols within maps before designing our own map for a whole class treasure hunt.
* In Science we will be exploring all different types of rocks and how soil is created. We will further look into what a fossil is and how they created, before replicating our own fossil designs.
* In Spanish we will be focusing on the all the different colours available, whilst continuing to develop or sentences and understanding of the language.
* In R.E. we will be focusing on the creation of the world within Christianity whilst comparing this to other beliefs as to how the world was created.
* In Art we will be researching and comparing art from different artists whilst using a variety of skills and techniques to replicate their work before design our own master pieces!
* In Music, we will be following Charanga and experimenting different songs with a variety of different musical instruments- including our voices!
* In DT we are going to be following step by step plans whilst ensuring we are choosing the right equipment for the task.