Providing an attachment friendly community which fosters warmth with high boundaries so that all can achieve to their full potential.
Welcome to class Gamma!
Hello and welcome to class Gamma! We are a class made up of 11 pupils at Key Stage 2.
The classroom teacher is Miss Mahoney and we are extremely lucky to have Mr Glover and Mr Jenkins as our classroom support.
To contact me please email email@example.com
A homework sheet will be given out at the beginning of each term for pupils to complete weekly and return with a piece of homework of their choice every Friday.
On launch day we took part in lots of fun activities where we needed to use Harmony to help us succeed. We created harmonious hands using a variety of different resources including pain, sand and spray paint. We also took part in a harmonious spa where we soaked our feed, cut our nails and moisturized our hands and faces. This helped us relax and take peace away with us for the rest of the day. We also took part in collaber-art which allowed us to work in Harmony with a partner of our choice to complete famous artists work in our own style.
*In English this term we will be learning all about nonsense poems and all the features included to understand how nonsense poems are created. With this, we will then look at using these features and techniques to try and create our own individual nonsense poems!
*In Maths this term we will be learning about multiplication and division whilst understanding how to use column multiplication to multiply two-digit numbers over 12 with one-digit numbers. We will also be recalling how to divide a variety of numbers through using the inverse method.
* In Geography we are going to be focusing on the features of our Earth, predominantly the materials of the Earth creation, how earthquakes happen and eventually leading to understanding the features of volcanoes, before attempting to make our own.
* In Science we will be exploring the features of fair testing before completing a variety of fair tests ourselves.
* In R.E. we will be focusing on Sikhism and all the festivals and celebrations that are involved within this religion before comparing them to some familiar celebrations within our own religion.
*In History this term, Gamma will be looking at facts surrounding the 1st World War and organizing key events during this time in the order in which they happened.
* In Art we will be focusing on drawing and sketching facial features before eventually attempting to draw a full self portrait.
* In Music, we will be focusing on using our voices. We will be learning how to warm them up correctly and safely before learning different way to sing lots of different songs.
* In DT we are going to be following step by step plans whilst ensuring we are choosing the right equipment for the task within cooking.